Friday, June 4, 2010

Blew out my flip flop

Another great couple days in a new city. Saint Louis is a fantastic town. It has a ton of charm. From the city to the surrounding areas. I love the architecture. The Arch is super impressive.

Last night was even better than the night before. The first night we stayed at the youth hostel in Slouard. Which is a fun artsy part of town. Heard the second largest Mardis Gras takes place there. The hostel was a hostel. Bunk beds and just a place to crash. The buildings it inhabited were really cool.





We met this awesome German girl there that lives here in the states now. Her 13 year old brother Alex was visiting her. So we all hung out the past couple of days. Last night we ended up at the city museum to go check out Fishbone. They rocked the house! A super high energy show with a great mosh pit. That's where I blew out my flip flop. Not a good ideas to mosh in flip flops. But hella fun none the less. I really felt alive last night. Hanging in the mosh pit with a couple of buddies is the place to be. Sorry to say, I was sore this morning. I'm not as young and nimble as I once was.

The city museum is one of a kind. Take a trip to Saint Louis if you haven't been. This museum is the most unique dangerous mind blowing place I have ever been too. An adult wonderland and playground. People have told me about it before, but you have to experience it for yourself.





After the museum we had a late night. Ended up in a neighborhood called CWE and weren't digging it so moved on. Ended up at this kareoke bar that I think used to be a strip club. Over a 100 disco balls on the mirrored ceiling. I'll just say the night life in stl is interesting.

We stayed at our buddy Nicks dads house last night. So we did get a half day of riding in yesterday. He lives just over 30 miles west of the city. Just happens Nick was passing through at the same time on his move to Austin. We'll see him in a few days in Kansas city as well.

Now we're back on the trail. Another rail trail that goes almost all the way to Kansas city. Rail trails are old railroad trails that are now bike trails. Great flat safe trails with plenty of wild life.

Now we're sitting at Twin Gables in Martgasville MO. A little hunky tonk local joint. We got a late start today. Rich got the first flat of the trip today. Had my first mishap yesterday. Broke a spoke and had it fixed at a great shop in the STL. They also replaced my riding shoes that had ripped the other night on my long ride from the wear and tear. Literally busted them at the seems. The manufacture said he would give them credit. So that was sweet.

So much more to tell. Have to eat and get back on the trail. Maybe I'll double dip with the blogs if I get service later.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Marthasville,United States

1 comment:

  1. St. Louis, where the east meets the west. Great town. Hard to believe how big that arch is until you stand underneath it and look up.

    ReplyDelete