Sunday, June 13, 2010

My man boobs are shrinking




I've lost at least a cup size since the beginning of the trip. Not sure how much I'm weighing in at but I'm feeling really good. People have been asking how much weight have I lost. Not sure but prolly about ten elbees at least.

Today was another pretty brutal day weather wise. Woke up early on the farm and got and early start. Had a little breakfast with Fred and Velma(the Flintstones) hit the road. Rich was funny, after he left he said. "wow, I've never met the nicest people in the world before!". Just another really nice Kansas couple.

Turned out to be just over an 85 mile day. It rained all night and cleared up as we hit the road. There was a cloud cover all day which was a change from the blaring sun. Eventually mother earth did unleash her furry. The cloud cover was dark, low and spread out for miles. A great recipe for a tornado. But kept on keeping on and just got really wet. Was a bit concerned due to the fact if something did go down there wasn't many options for cover.

Just as I was descending into the muck I could see something down the road in the opposite side approaching. Finally made out the image of a couple on a tandem bike pulling their gear. It was good to finally see some other bike tourers on the road. Those were the first we've seen in Kansas. They were nice folks who started in Denver and were going to end in Pittsburgh. They had to cut the trip short. About twenty miles from where we met. Because they just found out they are going to be adopting a baby. That's awesome for them, gonna be a lucky baby to have two loving parents that can give it all it needs.



Then just as I made it through the first storm I see something in the road ahead of me. The strange weather makes it difficult to dicipher what your actually seeing. At first I thought it was this guy on a unicycle I heard about. Then again as I inched closer I could see it was another biker. So cranked up and got right behind him and took a picture. He was biking way slower so as I passed I snapped another picture of him. Scared the living daylights out of this poor old guy. That was night my intention. He threw his hand up in a karate chop motion and cursed at me. He's was really startled. Glad he didn't fall off his bike. I apologized and then did it again. Then just kept biking as I was cracking up over the whole thing. It was so funny!



Next onto the new storm front. Real low lying clouds spread through the dark sky. It started getting a lot colder too. The wind was in my face and gusting. My mind was set on pedaling as fast as I could for the clearing I could see straight ahead in the west. Got lucky this second time and didn't get rained on, but that head wind was the fiercest yet of the trip.

Tomorrow will be a new state and a new time zone. That's going to be a big day! Tonight we are staying at a super 8. I like them. They have a pretty good breakfast and this one had a great hottub. Noticed blood on the inside of my bicep just before I tool a shower. Then I realized it was coming from my bloody nipple. My nipples were so chapped from riding they started to bleed. Had the same wool shirt on for most of the ride today. Then went shirtless. As I got to town I put on a long sleeve cotton shirt and noticed that must have been what caused the irritation. The shirt was bloody right where my nipple rest.


Enough about nipples! Saw a really cool mailbox today. Also passed this huge cemetary of old automobiles. Besides that it was head down and finish getting through this state. I'm over Kansas and ready for Colorado.


Thanks for reading along. Sorry if you found the content to graphic, but that's the nature of the ride. Have a great week!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. You gonna go through the Rockies or head south to NM and then AZ? Just wondering what it would be like biking through that terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duct tape will solve the nipple problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going through the Rockies and then meandering up to Seattle. Brian thanks again for all the useful advice and following along. 17 miles from Colorado now having lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you forget to bring a smaller bra? U probably got bloody nipples from your bra being too big. I mean, really, those nipples need to be protected!!! LOL -- Love it; never too graphic. But for real, shit happens and this particular shit hurts like hell. (I happen to have had the same problem once...) Make sure to cover them & get some nipple cream! ; - )

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Ryan, your a freaking trip!! This is your funniest entry yet! I love your smile in that pic & I'm sure you don't have any man boobs. What's elbees??? Can't believe you road in the rain, that's kinda sexy, lol! I'm so excited you'll be in Denver, I'll be there end of July for a wedding! I almost fell out my seat reading about that poor man on the bike! I could just picture you cracking up at that fool, priceless! Get in that hottub & soak those nips! Until your next entry, stay safe! xo

    ReplyDelete