Monday, May 17, 2010

Day off...rain delay!

It was time for a day off anyways. Woke up late last night to pelting rain in the tent. Had to get up real fast and gather my river washed clothing from getting soaked. Then it was back to bed with the subtle sounds of trains a passing by. This town has two crossings, so the mile long freight train has to blow it's wistle excessively in the middle of the night due to some regulations by the railroad. Got ear plugs for tonight.

The tempeture going down to 40 degrees is a whole other story. Let's see how my camping gear and rear hold up. Met the guy who owns the hostel in town while picking up dinner. He reminds of the walmart driver I met in York. He kept saying, "Kansas is going to be long boring ride!". Like this guy tonight, "it's gonna be cold out there tonight.". Ok, I get it. Live and let live my man.

Back on the road in the AM. Today was good, relaxed and got the next week to ten days planned out. By that time we will hit the trans America bike trail.

Time to head back to the campsite and build a campfire.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Water St,Rockwood,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment