Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ryan 2.1

Two weeks and 1 day. Seems like an eternity ago that we departed NYC. Eating dinner at the lodge here in Carter Cave state parks campground. After riding just over 80 miles from Point Pleasant WV.



Today was some good riding. The best weather we've had thus far. The first part of the day in WV was mostly flat. As soon as we got to Kentucky it was like, "hi, welcome to kentucky. Get ready to climb.". But what goes up must come down. Excruciating end to the day. We get to the camground and then it was three more miles uphill to the campsite. When I rolled in there were six young boys hanging out making water balloons. Told them to fire at will. They were like, "we're not ready though.". So I told them I would come back around. Didn't have time, they came and found me. Then they bombarded Rich when he rolled in. It was definitely welcomed.



Lunch at Hillbilly Hotdogs was pretty cool. A place I would have never come across not for this trip. Also went through Huntington, WV. That is where Marshall is. From that movie where their like, we are Marshall. Think it was Denzel.



They had a Starbucks in town. First shot of espresso I've had since I left ny. Thanks Eileen, I used the gift card you gave me for my bday. Maybe it's that and the dried apricots that has me sitting where I'm sitting typing this blog.



Other than that I saved a few more turtles today. Took one from right on the center yellow line to safety. So many dead ones on the road. Plenty of roadkill period.

Thats it for now. We'll see how tomorrow goes. May try to make it all the way to Lexington, KY. Just over a 90 mile ride. Thanks for reading along.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Camper Ground Dr,Olive Hill,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment