Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day tray!

Just like that Beach Boys song Sloop John B "I feel so broka I wanna go home!". But I'm a trooper and moving on. Laying in a hotel room in Morgantown, PA. My body is feeling it. To long ass days of biking really took there toll on me. My legs are pulsing.

Today was a hellacious day! Not only was it our first day of hills but also rain. The one big hill today was only about an 800 ft climb and took it out of me. I was really overheated by the top. But I did motor through and make it to the summit. These hills are tricky when your biking. You think your approaching the top and then it evens out for a moment and then continues. Can't give up after only three days.

Biking with this much gear is gruelling. Next time I do this I will have a Sherpa, masseuse, an RV and a nutritionist/chef. Tomorrow is supposed to be another rainy day but we are going to press on to at least Lancaster, Amish country.

The roads today were pretty solid. Did have one mini van get within a hair of me. My bike is holding up great. Thank God, three days and no flats either. Just seems to be me that's the problem. Also need to tighten up my gear a little bit still. So tonight I repacked and fit all of my stuff into four bags. Still the same weight but less resistance. Within the next week I think I'll be shipping some stuff back to NYC.

Everywhere we go people are asking what were up to. Even when we're stopped at traffic lights. Kind of fun to chat with different folks and listen to thier reactions. Today a woman at Dunkin Donuts was telling us about a couple that came through who were on a two year bike trip and have sent her a letter since then. Then there a was a driver for walmart that told us how bored we are going to be going through Kansas. Thanks Buddy! Everybody has thier opinion.

Thanks for riding along.

~LHR


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Main St,Caernarvon,United States

4 comments:

  1. just checking in , nyc misses you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lancaster PA, Birthplace of my father--a little town near there--pick up some dried apples--good energy and yummy--if you need to ship something back you know my address--going to check on your place again now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to Intercourse, PA.

    Also try to go to a Rumspringa party.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, I like your style! Leland, I'm sending stuff to my PO box tomorrow. Text me your address just in case.

    ReplyDelete